Cold rice salad is more suitable for when weather is hot. It is also nice with a side of cured meats such as ham. You can make it with any combination of vegetables but you need to cook it ahead of time and put it in the refrigerator.
When you are ready to serve it, you may drizzle some pure Virgin olive oil over it. You can also eat it together with steamed greens such as spinach or kale that has both salt and olive oil sprinkled on.
- 1/2 a bag of green beans(£1.00 bag)
- 1/3 corn from tin
- 1 mug rice
- 2 mug water
- pinch of salt
- Wash your rice a couple of time rubbing the rice in the palm of your hands to wash of some of the starch
- put the two mugs full of water in a sauce pan and add the salt
- add the washed rice to the water and set it on fire
- cook on gentle heat until the rice is partly cooked
- add the green beans and the corn and stir gently with a fork
- allow it to cook further till the rice is soft and thoroughly cooked
- once the rice is cooked, turn the heat off and allow the rice to cool
- once cooled, dish all the rice into a bowl and put it inside the fridge till you are ready to serve