This fish soup recipe is suprisingly a nice warm filling soup for an autumn day pick me up. It is also prepared in fairly quick time. I had two sheets of roasted seaweed for rolling sushi and about 2 teaspoon full of Clearspring sea salad dried sea vegetables so I just added the two for extra texture.
If you are not a mackerel fan then you can simply use seaweed alone for a bit of texture for your soup.
- 2 large mackerel
- 2 large fresh tomatoes
- 1 chilli (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 sheets roasted seaweed sheets
- 1 tablespoon clearspring sea salad (sea vegetables) dried seaweed
- 2 mugs water ( most mugs = 250ml)
- half oinion
- pinch of cloves, rosemary and cummin ( or your favourite herbs )
- put water in a sauce pan and start boiling
- clean the mackerel, cut each into 3 or 4 and wash thoroughly
- add them to the boiling water
- blend tomatoes, onion, chilli and the spices together and add to the fish
- cook till it all startes to simmer before serving