Zucchini noodles or popularly called zoodles are just the best is a pretty good replacements for flour pasta which allows you to enjoy your favourite pasta and stir fry. Courgettes does also give bloating so if you are avoiding flour pasta then zoodles are not an ideal answer.
However if you are vegetarian or have an allergy to gluten, then you will love pasta, spaghetti and noodles recipes again by replacing the flour pasta portion with courgette. You can find spiralized vegetables in Tesco(I’m not sure about the other supermarkets). I didnt want to invest in an expensive spiralizer so I purchased a small handheld one from ebay which suprisingly is very efficient.
This gluten free noodle stir fry takes just 10 minutes to prepare. You can make a several versions of it and add Bolognese, meat, seafood and any number of additions you want.
- 1 whole courgette
- 2 peppers
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- handful porcine mushrooms
- soak the porcine mushrooms in water for 5 minutes whilst you prepare everything else
- chop the peppers
- wash the courgette and spiralize
- heat oil in a frying pan
- rinse and strain the porcine mushrooms and then fry them
- add the egg and fry for a minute
- add the spiralize courgette and chopped peppers
- let everything marinade together for a minute or two before adding the soy sauce
- cook for a minute and serve