I have now gotten over my initial pleasant suprise to discover that I can make a simple healthy ice cream that is also tasty with just milk and pineapple. I have made different versions of this simple healthy ice cream with basic one fruit and milk and combining different fruits with the milk.
This is by far the healthiest way to make ice cream. The best thing about serving this ice cream is that my little boy who is a big of fan of gelato as he calls ice cream has not indicated anything to suggest that he notices a difference between mummy’s home-made ice cream and the very rich ice his nonna treated him to everyday in Rome just two weeks ago.
- 250g milk
- 1 pineapple
- peel pineapple and cut into cubes
- freeze the cut pineapple for 24 hours or longer
- when you are ready to make the ice cream take the pineapple out of the fridge
- allow the pineapple cubes to thaw for a few minutes to soften a little
- pour bith the milk and pineapples into a blender and blend till you have a smooth creamy mixture
- VIOLA! your healthy ice cream is ready to serve