This salad is made with beetroot, spinach, tomatoes and speck. It is garnished with virgin olive oil and salt. It is great as a side dish but it equally makes a nice sandwich. The colour punch of the various vegetables doesnt just look pretty. A simple spinnach and speck salad like this has various nutrional values too.
Speck is dry cured ham made with different cuts of pork. It is prepared and cured with a particular mix of spices that includes juniper.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 medium beetroot
- 2 handsfull spinach
- 6 slices of speck ham
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- wash the tomatoes, beetroot and spinach
- toss them together on the plate
- sprinkle your salad with salth
- drizzle with olive oil
- add your speck to the plate